Co-ordinator Rates and Valuations
- Temporary Full-time (12 Month Maternity Leave Position)
- Band 6A
Horsham Rural City Council is currently seeking a qualified and experienced individual to take up the role of Co-ordinator Rates and Valuations.
This position is strategic, supervisory and operational and plays a key role in the co-ordination and delivery of efficient and effective rating systems.
This position reports directly to Manager Finance and will be responsible for the coordination of a team of three in the administration of Council's rates and valuation functions. Key responsibilities include: reviewing policies and procedures, reporting to the State Revenue Office on fire services property levy collection, managing audits from external providers, reporting to management on various rating projects and maintaining the property, rating and valuation systems.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of legislation, particularly the Local Government Act 1989, Valuation of Land Act 1960, and the Fire Services Property Act 2012
- Highly developed leadership, organisational and self-management skills
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft office suite
- Experience in Civica Authority rates module is advantageous but not a necessity