Asset Systems & GIS Officer
- Band 5
- This position is full-time but alternative employment arrangements may be negotiable in accordance with HRCC workplace flexibility and work-life balance practices.
Horsham Rural City Council is an outwardly focussed, modern and progressive council, which is highly committed to innovative practice. The council provides excellent employment conditions and provides flexibility to meet staff needs to achieve work/life balance.
Council is currently recruiting for the position of Asset Systems & GIS Officer. This position will maintain and improve the data accuracy and functionality of the asset management systems, asset register, and integration to other systems.
The position will support the development and maintenance of Council's GIS system to facilitate enhanced asset management practices.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in Geographic Information Systems OR extensive work experience (5+years) in a similar role
- Experience in collecting features using GPS devices and developing first hand GIS layer of various asset classes
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisational/administrative skills
- Extensive experience in the application of asset and GIS databases
- Extensive experience in development and maintenance of GIS systems